
A HERO that has let you down...
Do we even know what the word HERO means????
Well here I go to explain that:
WEBSTER DICTIONARY:
1.)a: a mythological or legendary figure often of divine descent endowed with great strength or ability
b: an illustrious warrior
c: a man admired for his achievements and noble qualities
d: one who shows great courage
2.) a: the principal male character in a literary or dramatic work
b: the central figure in an event, period, or movement
3.) an object of extreme admiration and devotion; idol
One a and b refers to Mythology and Legend... Since I really don't believe in those things it is hard for me to find a hero.... I did love the story of King Arthur.. though. I also loved Aphrodite, but I will never be her.
The 2 a and b refers to literature and drama. Most of my heroes there are fictional....
I have to say my favorite characters of women are both from the Taming of the Shrew, I love the Tenacity of Kate, and the Loving of the Bianca.....BUT since Shakespeare characters do not exist in real life I have to keep going on my hunt for a HERO...
So for number 3, something that I admire and devote to,,, well some would look at me and say it MUST be food, but that is not true.... I would have to say "Frazzle" A SLUSH drink... I love slushes and would have one everyday if I could.... Inspite of this, it is NOT my Hero.
So we will go back to 1c and 1d.....I admire many for their achievements and noble qualities... I also admire many who show great courage. There are many Historical figures such as: Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, John F. Kennedy, Rosa Parks, etc.. are all amazing individuals who have achieved much. I know that some of them did not always stay faithful to their spouses, but Everyone is human - not that that gives them the freedom to be stupid though... I just know that I have qualities that could be looked down upon also, so please look at the good things...
WHEN it comes to everyday heroes, I can list my grandparents, my parents, my sister, my brother and his family, my son and my husband.... I could list many of my friends as well.. AND YES, sometimes I have been let down by those I love, but I don't believe any one of my heroes to be vindictive or rude.. We are all HUMAN, and make mistakes, but they are all good people.
So my challenge was to find someone that has let me down I can't say that I have answered that.. but I have chosen to see the good in them and to honor them for their qualities...
Do we even know what the word HERO means????
Well here I go to explain that:
WEBSTER DICTIONARY:
1.)a: a mythological or legendary figure often of divine descent endowed with great strength or ability
b: an illustrious warrior
c: a man admired for his achievements and noble qualities
d: one who shows great courage
2.) a: the principal male character in a literary or dramatic work
b: the central figure in an event, period, or movement
3.) an object of extreme admiration and devotion; idol
One a and b refers to Mythology and Legend... Since I really don't believe in those things it is hard for me to find a hero.... I did love the story of King Arthur.. though. I also loved Aphrodite, but I will never be her.
The 2 a and b refers to literature and drama. Most of my heroes there are fictional....
I have to say my favorite characters of women are both from the Taming of the Shrew, I love the Tenacity of Kate, and the Loving of the Bianca.....BUT since Shakespeare characters do not exist in real life I have to keep going on my hunt for a HERO...
So for number 3, something that I admire and devote to,,, well some would look at me and say it MUST be food, but that is not true.... I would have to say "Frazzle" A SLUSH drink... I love slushes and would have one everyday if I could.... Inspite of this, it is NOT my Hero.
So we will go back to 1c and 1d.....I admire many for their achievements and noble qualities... I also admire many who show great courage. There are many Historical figures such as: Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, John F. Kennedy, Rosa Parks, etc.. are all amazing individuals who have achieved much. I know that some of them did not always stay faithful to their spouses, but Everyone is human - not that that gives them the freedom to be stupid though... I just know that I have qualities that could be looked down upon also, so please look at the good things...
WHEN it comes to everyday heroes, I can list my grandparents, my parents, my sister, my brother and his family, my son and my husband.... I could list many of my friends as well.. AND YES, sometimes I have been let down by those I love, but I don't believe any one of my heroes to be vindictive or rude.. We are all HUMAN, and make mistakes, but they are all good people.
So my challenge was to find someone that has let me down I can't say that I have answered that.. but I have chosen to see the good in them and to honor them for their qualities...


No comments:
Post a Comment